Camshaft Alignment Kit - for VAG 1.4 TFSI
From 2012 VAG introduced a new version of their 1.4 TFSi petrol engine. This new engine is equipped with CoD technology (Cylinder on Demand) which allows the engine to switch between 2 and 4 cylinder running modes to maximise efficiency. The new engine design has also meant the need for new camshaft locking tools.
Technical Bulletin: It has come to our attention if component C734 is over tightened when fixed to the cylinder head, it will push the inlet camshaft inner shaft to one side resulting in a misfire and generating engine fault codes (ACT or COD error codes). To correct the fault the camshaft pulley and shaft assembly must be pushed back into its original alignment position. For further information, please click here, or contact our Service team - 01926 818186.
- Application: VAG 1.4 TFSI petrol engines - Codes CPTA, CZEA (2012-2018).
- Audi A1/Sportback, A3 Cabrio/Saloon, A3/A3 Sportback, Q2, Q3; Seat Ateca, Ibiza, Leon/ST; Skoda Kodiaq, Superb; & Volkswagen Golf VII, Passat, Polo.
- Kit includes: Camshaft positioning tool (OEM T10504), Stepped pin - short (OEM T10504/1), long (OEM T10504/2) Crankshaft locking pin (OEM T10340).
- Camshaft Positioning Tool - EU Registered Design. Made in Sheffield.
- Tensioner spanner (Laser Part No. 6199) is also required.
|Article No||LA 6554|
|Description||Camshaft Alignment Kit - for VAG 1.4 TFSI|